Friday, May 1, 2009

The Lightbulb Goes Off

This journey to raw has begun to create in me a new perspective. I'm beginning to see things more clearly and to see them for what they are. For instance, today, I was eating some corn chips (yeah, I know) and at some point while eating I was struck (I mean really struck) by the realization that what I was eating wasn't food. I then began to think about all the products manufacturers have passed off to the public as food and how we've fallen for it hook, line and sinker. Then, I remembered the day this week when I was shopping in the produce section, feeling happy because I was buying wholesome foods that are good for me. I looked with disdain at the aisles jammed with boxed and canned items that could only pretend to be food. I thought about the outdated fallacies the food industry have "fed" the public like we must eat meat to get adequate protein or that milk "does a body good." We've been hoodwinked. We've been bamboozled. It's time we opened our eyes and free ourselves from these food myths. Time to start thinking for ourselves and start realizing what good food really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment