Sunday, May 3, 2009

JazzyRaw's Almond Hummus


I was looking for a way to use the pulp after making almond milk. I knew there had to be a way to use it so I got online to look for some recipes. There were some interesting ones, especially the one for cinnamon rolls, but that was too labor intensive for me. The ones for almond hummus intrigued me. After looking at the ingredients for several recipes I decided to just throw something together one my own. Here's the delicious result. Because I just threw things together the measurements are approximate. Taste as you go and adjust flavors to your own preference.

JazzyRaw's Almond Pulp Hummus

1 1/2 cups almond pulp
3 Tbsp raw tahini
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp chipolte chili powder
1/2 Tsp Celtic sea salt
3 sun-dried tomatoes
Water

Combine and blend all ingredients, except water, in a food processor. The mixture will be thick. Add small amounts of water until desired consistency is achieved. Chill in refrigerator to marry flavors. Enjoy in a salad, in lettuce wraps with assorted veggies, or with raw crackers (absolutely great with Livin Spoonful Coconut Curry Crackers from Natural Zing).

No comments:

Post a Comment