Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Truth

This past month since I joined the Raw Fu challenge I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions. I've felt like I didn't know who I was anymore. You don't realize how much of your identity is tied to the food you eat until you make a drastic change in your diet. Without certain foods I actually felt disoriented and unable to concentrate. I felt on edge and unable to sleep. I found myself withdrawing from friends and family; I just wanted to be alone to process this new programming. When I got sick (detox probably) and began feeling afraid I ran as fast as my long legs could carry me back to the foods that gave me comfort and made me feel "grounded." You know...the bad stuff. Whew that was close!

I realize now what was happening and so feel better equipped to deal with it next time, but man was that scary. I could completely relate with the man in the Raw for 30 Days video who couldn't make it through. Imagine what it felt like to go through that at his age. Not that he couldn't have made it regardless of his age (I think it's more related to your personality and outlook on life) but it must have been tough for him. Anyway I have no intention of quitting. This is too important. Sure, it's about the food and about being healthy. But it's also about being someone I've never been before; it's about being the best that I can be. Rawsome!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, now that is very interesting

    you don't get much of that around here...the closest would be my mom fasting all the time for religious reasons

    ReplyDelete