Thursday, May 7, 2009

Home Sick Today

Ever since I got back from hiking in Harpers Ferry last Saturday, I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something. With all the media about swine flu I was beginning to get worried. Part of my concern stemmed from the fact that the trip was made up of students from various countries and I had no idea if any had travelled lately. I kept scouring the web for symptoms to see if I had any. I have a few, sore throat, coughing, but in general it looks like all I have is a cold. (Thank God!) No wonder with the damp, rainy weather we've been having here along with lower than normal temperatures. All the more reason to build up my immunity by staying as raw as possible.

Along those lines I've been looking for raw soup recipes. I always find soup comforting when I'm not feeling well but I was not about to indulge in chicken soup. The following is a recipe I created based on those I found on the web.



JazzyRaw's Creamy Green Soup

2 cups tightly packed kale, chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/4 cup young coconut meat
1 cup young coconut water
1/2 avocado, chopped
Raw agave nectar to taste
Dulse flakes

Blend kale, tomato, young coconut meat until smooth. Add 1/2 of the chopped avocado and blend again. Add agave nectar as desired. Serve immediately with the remaining chopped avocado as a garnish. Sprinkle dulse flakes on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment