Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a Day!



What a day I had yesterday. First I attended a viewing of the film Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days. I've been wanting to see this film for a long time and was glad to finally get the opportunity to see it. I also got to meet some of the members of the meetup group, Raw Food Tribe, who sponsored the film. There was good food, smoothies, mango & pineapple sorbet and raw chocolate. Now, it's up to those of us who were there to spread the word to others that raw food is the way to go if you want to get off your meds and cure your diabetes.


The other event I attended later that day was the monthly Earthsave dinner which happened to be in the same location. Since I had time to kill between events I helped set up. Good exercise. More great food, mostly vegetarian, but just as good. The speaker for the evening was Susan Weis, owner of Breathe Books in Baltimore and Ayurveda practioner. Susan gave some great information about how Ayurveda changed her life. I'm ready to check out her five week course coming soon.

All in all it was a wonderful day spent learning more ways to be fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment