Monday, March 16, 2009

JazzyRaw's Kickin' Kale Salad


I came up with this recipe just yesterday and it turned out great (if I do say so myself--and I do). I must fess up and say this picture isn't mine but it looks remarkably like my creation. I was going to use my son's camera phone but he got away from me before I could. Doggone kids always going someplace! Anyway, here t'is.

JazzyRaw's Kickin' Kale Salad

1 head of Kale, chopped
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 red, yellow or orange pepper, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup nutrional yeast
olive oil
pine nuts

Place kale in mixing bowl. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over kale and toss. Add olive oil (just a little to coat), garlic, pepper, and avocado. Smoosh with your hands until all leaves are covered with dressing. Sprinkle pine nuts. Place in frig for at least 1/2 hour so the flavors can marry.

That's it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment